The Useful Duck!

Contribute to my Vacation, please...

Friday, August 1, 2014

A huge thunderstorm

It wasn't the loud thunder that woke me it was the smell of wet dog.
The farm dog whose name is not Stanley was standing next to my bed looking at me.
He went through the screen door.
I was still half asleep.
I put him back out and shut the slider.
I forgot about the main door.
I went back to bed.
When the next bout of thunder hit I woke up to whining.
From the dog...
Next to my bed...
There went the other screen door...
Then it poured.
I should have picked up bales last night.
I should have put the grain in the barn.
I should have put the mixer grinder in the barn.
There are big mud puddles, this can't be good.

4 comments:

  1. And here we sit just a few miles away and nary a drop of rain. Lots of lightning flashes and also a scared dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My guess is that you picked up your bales, stored your grain and put away your mixer. Of course it would not rain where you are. If you want rain, wash your car. It works for me.

      Grace and peace.

      Delete
    2. 4.5 miles as the crow flies. I could have used the rain. Budde has all the hay in from here.

      Delete
  2. we get nervous dogs in our room too when it storms. but out here its kind of a blessing... just in case the storms are actually tornadoes.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think

Please leave comments! It is really easy!

You just type your comment in the text box below the post. You can be anyone you want.
And...Would the joker who keeps clicking "offensive" please leave an explanation ?!